PRELIMINARY BACKGROUND QUESTIONS
NOW LET'S GET SPECIFIC
QUESTIONS TO ASK regarding BARTENDING SERVICES
‣ Desired style of service - buffet, plated, family style, food stations
‣ Dietary restrictions to accommodate yourselves + guests - allergies, gluten free, vegetarian/vegan, etc.
‣ Focus on YOUR likes and dislikes - after all, it is YOUR big day and you’ll drive yourself crazy trying to accommodate a menu for every guest.
‣ What is your budget for food per person?
‣ Is that price per person before service charge & tax?
‣ Does that budget include the bar?
‣ Does this budget include additional rental items?
‣ What can you expect to put aside for gratuity?
‣ Hors D’oeuvres - you may want to consider a few appetizers during cocktail hour (and while y’all are taking pictures, especially if the bar is open at this time too!)
‣ Dessert - whether it’s a wedding cake or a s’more bar, it’s a little easier for your caterer to also provide dessert (and it’s one less vendor you have to coordinate!)
‣ Late Night Snacks - it’s like a 4th meal, either to enjoy near the end of the reception, or for guests to take to-go.
‣ Are they responsible for linens, prep tables, chargers, dishwater, glassware, flatware, napkins, cake knife/server, etc.?
‣ Is there an extra charge to pick up and drop off or a delivery charge?
‣ What are my options to upgrade/downgrade?
‣ How can I have a full service caterer and where can I have a successful event, but bring cost down?
‣ Can I have disposable items like dishwater and glassware?
‣ If I buy my own linens/napkins, can you set them on the tables?
‣ Is it cheaper if we don't do a formal cake cutting/passing?
‣ Do I need champagne for everyone? Will it save us money to do toasts with the guests drink in hand?
Before comparing bottom line prices with each caterer, we advise you to compare apples to apples with everything that the caterer is providing. Even though some caterers will have a lower menu price, they may not include essential items to serve & eat and all of those items can add up quickly. Always remember that it’s your big day and you can’t please everyone so choose a menu that you want to eat on your wedding day! We WILL make sure that you actually sit down and enjoy the food on your wedding day.
Looking for something in particular; perhaps a certain venue, theme, or vendor? Search our archives!